Time between trains? 7.5 minutes.
Why are the costs for light rail more expensive than bus rapid transit?
With light rail, we have to build the tracks and the cement bed. We don’t want any utilities underneath it so they will have to be moved (I know from other projects this can be expensive!), electrification substations and finally an underground tunnel will be built at Victoria and King in Kitchener to go under the regular train tracks. Should there be a multi-model station there in the future (that means Via-rail, intercity buses, LRT and buses, car park) this would be an underground stop.
Light Rail Vehicles cost 4.5 million but last 15 to 25 years
Buses are half that price but only last 10 to 12 years.
While the operating costs of rail is high in the beginning in the long run it is cheaper because there is one driver to many cars while buses have one driver per bus. Also fuel costs for diesel will rise again and light rail is electric. The electric can be changed to sustainable sources as is done in Calgary.
- RT @poniewozik: Undecided Ohio voter on CNN panel, asked if Biden's "clown" remark bothered him: "He’s spent the last five years calling El… 5 hours ago
- RT @vanallenmark: @JoeBiden Hell , they already have a shirt printing — https://t.co/pBG40MLvbE 5 hours ago
- RT @JoeBiden: This. This is Donald Trump's America. twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/st… 5 hours ago
- RT @jeneps: "What just happened?" Brian Williams asks Kamala Harris. Harris responds: "America was presented with a very clear choice." 5 hours ago
- RT @PattyArquette: #Debates2020 Both of Biden’s sons served. Shame on #Trump. He doesn’t pay the taxes we need to pay to care for Veterans.… 5 hours ago
- 28,986 hits
- Thank you for Thoughts and Prayers
- Will COVID Kill My Husband Even Though He’s Not Infected?
- Support Button Factory Arts
- The Road to Bike Lanes is Paved with Good and Bad Intentions
- Mandated Mask Wearing: Waterloo Regional Council has Passed Controversial Health Measures Before (And they all got re-elected).