When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @RoyalCdnLegion: Today we honour the birth of Queen Victoria, the “Mother of Confederation”. Happy Victoria Day! https://t.co/PPYMHUsSi6 23 hours ago
- RT @backt0nature: William was born color blind. His family decided to buy him special glasses w/color correcting lenses for his birthday. H… 23 hours ago
- From the movie War Games: strange game, the only way to win is not to play. #gameofthrones 1 day ago
- RT @DorsaAmir: .@matt__Jordan's summary of the #GameOfThrones finale: "They broke the wheel. They melted the chair. What they did not see c… 1 day ago
- Drogon burning the iron throne. My feeling all season! Lords picking the King, start of parliamentary democracy. #gameofthrones 1 day ago
- 23,992 hits