When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- Done! twitter.com/ShirleyLevene/… 1 hour ago
- Thank you! twitter.com/morricemike/st… 1 hour ago
- buttonfactoryarts.ca/store/Aging-Ar… 6 hours ago
- RT @thekwcf: We are pleased to announce $240,000 to 9 Waterloo Region org’s through the Fund for Gender Equality. Learn more: https://t.co/… 7 hours ago
- Test, test and test. It's the only way. twitter.com/picardonhealth… 7 hours ago
- 30,557 hits