When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @ChantalHuinink: Had a grand time on the grand tour of ShelterCare. So excited for the opening at the end of the month https://t.co/lwL3… 1 day ago
- Heard him on Farwell. He is not sure yet but loves the hill twitter.com/yvonnefern/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @newyorkerhumor: Today’s Daily Cartoon, by Teresa Burns Parkhurst. #NewYorkerCartoons https://t.co/uorGDYF6kf 1 day ago
Join 3,179 other subscribers
- 35,576 hits
- My Mother’s First Husband Went Missing In WW2. He is Found.
- The Answer isn’t Only More Homes for the Homeless.
- Banning Books, Banning Controversial Topics, Shutting up your Enemies is not Freedom of Expression.
- No Country for Only White Men: The Dewdney Murals
- Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council: Death By Politics.