When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @Hope_Spring: On Thank You Thursday we say Thank You to Marion Roeder for running the Raffle for Hope Contest. We raised over $10 000 fo… 2 days ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: Fashion Santa will be arriving at the Holiday Home Tour! He will be at the Activa model home at 653 Thomas Slee Drive on F… 1 week ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: On Thank You Thursday, we are thanking the fantastic volunteer coordinators of our 18th annual HopeSpring Holiday Tour of… 1 week ago
- RT @CoffeeNewsEnjoy: What's Happening in our community? Check this out to see! --> bit.ly/2pu1BVE @AngiesWaterloo @ElmiraTheatreCo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @tomjgalloway14: Public transit numbers on the rise since Ion launch in June therecord.com/news-story/964… Build it and they will come! 3 weeks ago
- 24,220 hits