When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @m2bowman: KWCF report says "For the last five years, population growth has averaged 12,742 people per year while new housing completion… 4 days ago
- RT @cinemaven: Please help this group by donating,or amplifying their message (or both 🙂) Thanks 1 week ago
- Absolutely. Not getting vaxxed when working at a LTC home is criminal. twitter.com/JoelRubinoff/s… 1 week ago
- RT @ShirleyLevene: The new for 2022 Leejay calendars benefitting Hospice Waterloo Region are now selling @FullCircleKW in down town #Kitche… 1 week ago
- RT @grandriverca: Today concludes another great camping season in Grand River Parks! From all staff, we extend a huge thank you for your r… 1 week ago
- 32,363 hits