When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @CMW_KW2010: Honoured to be nominated for Rogers Oktoberfest Women of the Year Award, third year in a row. Thanks @janemitchell for the… 1 day ago
- RT @JacobLevenson: My dog Daisy, whom I love very much, just ate a check from a foundation for $50k. Most awkward email I’ve had to send in… 4 days ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: Here is what's happening at HopeSpring Cancer Support Centre this week! - mailchi.mp/hopespring/wha… https://t.co/lNuUzSIe0w 2 weeks ago
- RT @d0b0: Come explore #kwawesome's in a brand new way, with the KW Tech Slack Community. We are stopping at our favourite watering holes a… 2 weeks ago
- This year on Thurs Sept 26 at 7 PM at the Jazz Room uptown Waterloo twitter.com/savio_wong/sta… 2 weeks ago
- 24,146 hits