When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- On hold with public health. did you know that at one time the Region tried having real people on the end of the lin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- RT @cinemaven: @Mythsas The show I've seen every episode of has an official gif with my son in it so.... https://t.co/N4QipS80gq 1 day ago
- RT @robdeutschmann: Another great interview with Jean about preserving a significant heritage property. The Governor's House and County Gao… 2 days ago
- Happy Birthday @jenvasic 2 days ago
- RT @povcanada: Irvin Waller author, emeritus professor, and a prize-winning champion of victim’s rights & violence prevention. Watch this s… 4 days ago
- 30,833 hits