When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- Hubby's chili fell over twice on the way home. Not a drop spilled. Way to go Tim Horton's! #takeout #tims 1 week ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: On today, #thankyouthursday we thank Gina's Closet in St. Jacobs for donating $2 280 to HopeSpring! This has been the 15th… 1 week ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: Young Adult Cancer Canada Big Cancer Hook-up is January 25th! Be sure to register at youngadultcancer.ca/bigcancerhookup. For any ques… 2 weeks ago
- Do you remember when you joined Twitter? I do! #MyTwitterAnniversary 11 years! https://t.co/K5aEX7oHgQ 2 weeks ago
- RT @taber: the people that approve bike racks love features like "unique, statement, flair, daring, interesting, modern" and the people tha… 2 weeks ago
- 24,328 hits