When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @GamersIllogical: Check out my latest #podcast podbean.com/eau/pb-xiiyk-e… on #Podbean 5 hours ago
- RT @gnuman1979: Oops, there is no oops. Oops does not cover this. https://t.co/xIAdn1Tt6B 6 hours ago
- RT @andizeisler: A short list of things that are not synonyms for “feminism” Being a woman Having a successful career Being a mother Havin… 6 hours ago
- RT @cmclymer: Don't use mental health to excuse Brad Parscale's physical abuse of his spouse. Millions of us in this country have mental he… 6 hours ago
- Made me think of some women politicians who tried to add hairdresser as political expense. Yet for women it is twitter.com/grandmagrit/st… 6 hours ago
- 28,979 hits
- Thank you for Thoughts and Prayers
- Will COVID Kill My Husband Even Though He’s Not Infected?
- Support Button Factory Arts
- The Road to Bike Lanes is Paved with Good and Bad Intentions
- Mandated Mask Wearing: Waterloo Regional Council has Passed Controversial Health Measures Before (And they all got re-elected).