When I drive up to the St. Jacob’s Market, it’s a zoo. No place to park. Have to go round and round, even following people who might be leaving to get a spot. Kind of defeats the whole local food thing.
So Saturday morning I gathered up my shopping trolley and took the bus. Number 9 to Conestoga Mall then the number 21 to the market.
It was great. I had time to run into the bank to get some money, saving a dollar fifty at the market ATM.
The bus was full, some people standing.
The woman beside me told me all about her birthday and her grown sons, the good one and the bad one. Reminded me of the Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.
I filled up my bag, it was heavy to wheel around but I use it when I take the car too. But it was so nice to not have to sit in the traffic and I didn’t have to worry about a parking spot, just got off and on the bus.
There is also a tourist train to the market which is fun.
- RT @Hope_Spring: Today is Personal Support Workers Day - a day to honour all PSW! We celebrate the dedication and hard work you demonstrat… 1 week ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: We wish you Happy Victoria Day! We are closed for remote member support on Monday, May 18 for Victoria Day. We will resume… 1 week ago
- I'm starting a Givalanche of good! Help me get it rolling. thefoodbank.ca/laurier_emptyb… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Matthew_Morris: I do not know how to caption this. If life gives you lemons? Snow sculpting May 11? How about a stoic tribute to our fr… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Hope_Spring: COVID-19 Testing for People with Cancer-Information for patients at the Grand River Cancer Centre and their caregivers. Fo… 2 weeks ago
- 24,605 hits