Phoned my best friend this morning and she told me how great the latest Stephen King short story collection is.
Then she told me she got it at the LIBRARY! As a former librarian, I’ve been trying to get her there for years. She was worried because she might have had fines from years ago when she took her now grown sons!
She says to me: “And it’s free.”
In this recession, the library is the biggest bargain.
Because my friend is going each week with her aunt, she is hopeful that she won’t have fines now.
She was amazed at the bestsellers and the many audio CDs.
Of course Cambridge Public Libraries rock, it’s a known fact.
- And the insurrection of good information twitter.com/AnneLamottQuot… 1 day ago
- RT @ShirleyLevene: Phone lines close in half an hour, and will reopen Monday at 9:00AM. Call for your Leejay fundraising calendar in suppo… 1 day ago
- Well done @DamatoRecord . Your column caused a quick response! twitter.com/WR_Record/stat… 1 day ago
- RT @HerrlesMarket: Pretty important to protect our water 💦 thank you for sharing twitter.com/grandriverca/s… 1 day ago
- RT @cinemaven: As a Canadian, I've been horrified at the lack of urgency, science, medical input in the US... a 3rd world response as your… 1 day ago
- 28,975 hits
- Thank you for Thoughts and Prayers
- Will COVID Kill My Husband Even Though He’s Not Infected?
- Support Button Factory Arts
- The Road to Bike Lanes is Paved with Good and Bad Intentions
- Mandated Mask Wearing: Waterloo Regional Council has Passed Controversial Health Measures Before (And they all got re-elected).