Phoned my best friend this morning and she told me how great the latest Stephen King short story collection is.
Then she told me she got it at the LIBRARY! As a former librarian, I’ve been trying to get her there for years. She was worried because she might have had fines from years ago when she took her now grown sons!
She says to me: “And it’s free.”
In this recession, the library is the biggest bargain.
Because my friend is going each week with her aunt, she is hopeful that she won’t have fines now.
She was amazed at the bestsellers and the many audio CDs.
Of course Cambridge Public Libraries rock, it’s a known fact.
- RT @lindsayfshaw: @poolsadie @janemitchell @CBCToronto Again, not true. Libraries are geared towards many demographics including seniors (m… 1 day ago
- RT @lindsayfshaw: @poolsadie @janemitchell @CBCToronto ... libraries support book clubs (which will be more difficult now that interlibrary… 1 day ago
- RT @RoyceBodaly: Grateful to represent @DaveJaworsky at the Grand opening of @ApplyBoard in Kitchener. Wonderful speech from Minister of I… 2 days ago
- RT @FreundschaftP: The Amish have now notified officials at Notre Dame Cathedral that they are available the 3rd Saturday of August to rebu… 2 days ago
- RT @michaelmicacchi: @janemitchell @poolsadie @CBCToronto Thank you. Libraries are a vital, especially with young kids. It's wonderful to b… 2 days ago
- 23,922 hits